Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Second Day from Sea

The first port of call ...

Today's shore excursion is the Glass Bottom Boat. There were loads of colorful fish out on the reef.

And some more ...

And even a barracuda came for a snack. Here he is racing through the swarming school of fish.

And the star of the show was this reef shark. This picture isn't very good, but it's the only camera I have ...

Afterwards, enjoyed some local refreshments (which wasn't bad with a nice 8 year old Rum) ...

Then back to the ship to get ready for dress up evening. Discovered that most of my clothes that I had carefully packed were wrinkled. Naturally in this floating hotel, there aren't any irons or steamers in the rooms, but they do have special "launderette" rooms for people to do laundry or iron their clothes. Unfortunately for me, everyone else had the same problem. So now to get that ironing done and get dressed for the evening.

I have a suit and tie, but that is going to be a story for another time.

12 comments:

Amber Star said...

Ah Skeeter, it sounds lovely to be sailing around in the Bahamas and getting dressed to the 9s for the Captain's party. Have so much fun we will all be very envious of you for sure.

Leni Qinan said...

The view from the glass bottom boat is amazing.

I hope you post a picture of you wearing that jacket and tie. It sounds like you're enjoying your trip!

Anonymous said...

hey Skeeter- thanks for blogging your holiday- it feels like we're coming along too. Hope you enjoy the dancing :)

Megan said...

It's better in the Bahamas!

Mel said...

Oh, what an amazing journey with awesome views......

Really. I'm not the least bit envious.....

Expat No. 3699 said...

Who cares if your clothes are a bit wrinkled? Just ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amber Star said...

Skeeter...you are starting to worry me now. Have you gotten home yet? Don't worry it is just the mother in my to wonder if you are ok. Ok?

zirelda said...

How incredibly cool. :)

Did you feel dizzy on a glass bottom boat?

bindhiya said...

Dear Skeeter,
Nice to see you having a great time.. and thanks for all this pictures and post.
have a great day.
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

Grass said...

I noticed from your glass boat picture that the coral reef is not healthy and choked with sand.. is that's how it is for the entire reef there? Tsk tsk..

Nice, sharks and baraccuda! I've not encountered any sharks in my dives before but I had baraccuda swam my way a couple of times before.

Enjoy!



:)

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

A suit and a tie eh? Can't wait.