Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Gifts from the East

Well, I finished unpacking from the trip to Turkey and organized the souvenirs into these nifty little gift bags. At work yesterday, I passed out all of the gifts to the people who linked in helped me solve the problem I was working on over there. It was great fun seeing everyone's reaction. I promised to bring a souvenir back for Marisa, the second from the left is for her. Hopefully I'll see her and our instructor, Mel Odom, at class tonight.



Got a couple of pieces of news while I was gone. One of them is bad, and the other is good, but a little unexpected. The good news is that I'll be starting an important new assignment soon to at work. The new adventure begins in a couple of weeks. Hopefully this is onward and upward ... ah, Life in the Corporate World. Another day ... another $1.35 after taxes.

7 comments:

TerriRainer said...

Congrats on the new job...does it also come with the voodoo priestess from hell?

I told Marisa I was going to come crash one of your classes!

If I'm very very quite, maybe Mel won't notice, ya think?

T

Leah said...

I'm curious about what's in the bags! Tantalizing! And I second the congratulations, but hope the bad news isn't too bad...

bindhiya said...

Hi Skeeter,
Congrats on the new job!
Is it going to be another country?
My pappa loves to travel and anytime he will be ready...now he got a job..to travel and check on different branches of his company...He is sooo happy..
I'm also curious what is in the bags :)

bindi

Unknown said...

Skeeter! Thanks for your kind words on my blog when I was handling my leg drama! Come visit anytime it is an honor to have you there!
Now on to those adoreable, pretty bags! What is inside? You must share! We gotta know.
Hugs,
Robyn

CIELO said...

A trip to Turkey??? You went to Turkey??? Oh, you have to post about now... we want some pictures! :)

Good to have you back

Have a great weekend, Skeeter!

Cielo

bindhiya said...

Dear Skeeter,
I post you a comment in my blog...here it is again...
If you planning to visit kerala...please travel to country side..villages...you'll experience the real kerala...you can access anywhere in kerala through public transport...which is cheaper than taxi..don't forget to stop to a ayurveda resort for a rejuvenation therapy..
my family will be happy to help you.
take care

bindi

Suzanne said...

Hi Sweetie,

Well you're back with goodies. I think there's a bag for everyone here on this comment page. Clever, thoughtful you! Do you need our addresses? Mine, as you know, is 5025. I'll be expecting the pretty one.

Congrats on the new job. Looking forward to learning more.

Love you dear,
Suze XO :)