Tuesday, August 05, 2008

N is for Nice

One can see many things in the parking of the Evil Corporation. Today, I saw this while walking back to the office after lunch.



I would like to thank whoever wrote this message. It confirms my Romantic world view and renews my hope that Love really can conquer all.

On the other hand, there are windscreen messages that are untrue, even upon the most casual of inspections. Take this message for example ...



This person claims that "I Am Worthy", even though their "Y" dangles provocatively and rather undignified below their "worth".

What are your favorite windscreen messages? Statements of fact, dysphemistic exhortations, or what?

9 comments:

Maria said...

I don't know that I have any...you do see a lot of Cornhusker love around here in the autumn....

NouveauBlogger said...

On the one hand, that's pretty nice, but on the other, that soap can be a real bear to get off the windshield! lol

zirelda said...

mmmm, once a group sneaked to my house in the middle of the night and wrote happy birthday all over my car. That was kind of fun. :)

Unknown said...

When my sister wrote on my bestfriend's car "Lordy...lordy looks whose forty!" That got a such a chuckle!
I have missed you friend!
Hugs,
Robyn

Eva said...

I still smile whenever I see a "Just Married" message on someone's window. It seems like such a sweet message of hope and future happiness. Even after being divorced, I'm still a hopeless romantic! I LOVE the first picture in your post. What a great treat to find on your car after a long day!

bindhiya said...

Dear Skeeter,
good evening..

I saw so many 'just married'
then some weird ones too :))
have a great weekend.
♥ & ((hugs))
bindi

kylie said...

hi skeeter,
it seems that windscreen messages are more common in your part of the world.
i rarely even see a "just married" except if i'm AT the wedding.

you're doing some really good posts and i love to discover other romantics, i sometimes feel i'm the only one

have a great weekend
k

Unknown said...

hey you friend! Where are you...these days I don't get to see you as often! :(
Hope to see you soon!
Miss ya!
Robyn

Lavinia said...

I have never seen a windscreen message...maybe its an American thing.....

I like the Awesome Husband....but I never thought you were a romantic...oh well you learn something new every day...