Sunday, March 15, 2009

6 Things About Me

I've been tagged by Suzanne to "mention six things of no real importance about yourself."

Here are my six:

1. I like socks. Socks make me very happy. They keep my feet nice and toasty and I hate being barefoot.

2. I really like strength sports, especially competitive powerlifting. Next month it will have been 6 years exactly since I last won a state championship, but I am working hard to get back into shape for competition. Sunshine is working me hard to get back into the 242 pound (110 Kg) class. Almost there too!

3. I believe that 3x5 cards are one of the greatest inventions of all time. they are super useful, very convenient, handy, cheap, and just the right for almost everything.

4. One of my most favorite things to do is lift up Miss Sunshine and carry her around. Doesn't matter how, in the front on my arms, piggyback style, on the shoulders, over the shoulders fireman's carry style, it's all good to me. For some reason she doesn't like it. OK, I know it's not appropriate inside the grocery store, but outside you have to admit that it's better than getting your shoes muddy. You carry the groceries and I'll carry you. K?

5. Sappy romantic movies are exceedingly cool. So are SciFi stories. I don't think the genres are mutually exclusive.

6. I love to blow raspberries on Sunshine's tummy. She laughs and laughs and then says it's undignified and that I should stop. It's a mixed message and I am easily confused. So I am only going to do it ... when she least expects it.


As fun as it is, if you want to post on this, just take it. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Write the rules on your site.
3. Mention 6 things or habits of 'no' real importance about you.
4. Tag 6 persons.
5. Notify the person that you tagged them.

Best wishes :-)

11 comments:

Mel said...

*laughing*

And it wasn't my tummy that got the raspberries!
Nor was it me that got hijacked in the grocery store.....this time....LOL

Technonana said...

You My Friend, are such a character!! I have a feeling that you are just a big ole teddy bear!!
Oh, I have to ask, did you feel a 'break in the force', that's what Papa calls it when on of my friends knows something is wrong without my telling them and contacts me.

Anonymous said...

Powerlifting- WOW!

Maria said...

I wish that Bing would carry me around but I fear she would be injured by my weight since I have been snarfing down those girl scout cookies lately.....

Megan said...

Powerlifting?? Skeeter, I have to say that is unexpected. Very cool, but unexpected!

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

#4 and #6, tooooooo cute!

Leni Qinan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leni Qinan said...

Powerlifting! Now I understand why you're Big Skeeter! ;)
And blowing raspberries on Miss Sunshine's tummy... thet's lovely! My Ed loves to put chocolates on my tummy, let them melt a bit and then eat them. It tickles and it's such a funny game!

Take care.

Unknown said...

*giggling*

Love rasberries...!
Robyn

Suzanne said...

Too cute. I love that you took the challenge. And I love the answers. Leaned so many new things. Power lifting. Raspberries!!! Who knew?! I love you dear. Honestly.

XO

zirelda said...

How fun.

I like socks too.