Monday, March 02, 2009

Sleeping With Bread

The examen, based on the spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius, helps a person hold onto what spiritually nourishes them by looking at what is giving them consolation in their life or causing him desolation. It allows someone to express his gratitude to God for the good stuff and turn to him for solace for the bad stuff. It is quite simple. You simply ask yourself, in the last day/week/month what gave me consolation and what caused me desolation.

So, without further ado ...

The Good.


I got a new roof. The workmen came today and did the entire job in one day. They did an excellent job.


I was going through the images from the last visit to Chicago. I am thankful for French Impressionism, and especially thankful for Renoir and Monet.

I am so very thankful and grateful for all of you who have sent positive light, wishes and prayers to Sunshine's mother. She is up and mobile and has a unique perspective that brings all of us joy. This last week has done a lot to restore our hope. No matter what else happens, Sunshine is certain that her mom has the good quality of life and dignity that she deserves.

Every single day I am thankful for my beautiful Sunshine. I gave her a birthday gift early this year, just couldn't wait the months till then. I had it specially made for her in Jerusalem. She slept with it under her pillow and I haven't been able to quit smiling since. I hope you will wear it around your neck one of these days and let me see how it looks on you again. I love you baby. You make me very, very happy.

The bad.

The misguided souls who run the Evil Corporation. I have a promise to keep this Lent, so let me say this: Peace be upon you - you managers of Evil, and may God bless your pointy little heads.

12 comments:

Mel said...

When they're sleeping with it under their pillow.....how can it NOT leave you with a smile?!

Well done!
And obviously well received!

Mel said...

<-- very glad to hear the mom is doing better

Technonana said...

Skeeter, you blessed me so much with your post today!! So very happy to hear that there is good news for Sunshine's mother that gladdens all of your hearts!!
You have such a wonderful loving heart!!
and believe me, My Sweet Friend, you will be blessed for praying for those who spitefully use you!!
EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO!!
I know you have heard Jonah's story, but pull our your Bible, and as Dear Sweet Paul Harvey would say, read the rest of the story! (Jonah chapter 4)

Amber Star said...

Skeeter, that is such an inspiring post and I'm glad Sunshine's mother is better now.

What on earth are you going to do to the Evil Corp. during Lent? Yikes....In gave up parsnips :)

Brandy Wilcoxen said...

You made me smile.

Grass said...

Great to know that Sunshine's mom is okay. Hmmm, it needs patience to deal with bad people at work but what's amazing is you seemed to have prayed for them as well.. ;-)

Take care!

p.s. That's really romantic, you giving your Sunshine a gift and her keeping it under her pillow. I can totally relate.. huhum =^_^=

nebraska girl said...

Hey Skeeter,

Keep strong. We're having gorgeous weather hope it is beautiful there too.

Take care,
Nebraska Girl

Megan said...

A good roof is a lovesome thing.

Best wishes to Sunshine and mom.

Unknown said...

SKEETER!
How are you friend! I just saw the photo of you! That is a great photo...and look at those guns you call arms...you must work out like 7 days a week! I know Sunshine loves those arms of yours..;)! Well anywoo, Just popped in to say HI! Missed ya!
~Robyn

P.S. great to hear MOM is doing better!

Leni Qinan said...

Aww... she slept with such a special gift under her pillow... that's so cute and tender.

I'm glad that Sunshine's mom is better, Skeeter. Things are getting better, it seems.

Take care. ;9

Maria said...

Why do misguided souls always seem destined to run the big corporations?

Technonana said...

I have tagged you for some 'cyber-game'... come over and check it out!!